Computer Help Desk Technician
Computer/Help Desk Technician
Assistant VP of Technology and Operations
Position Summary: Supports WXXIâ€™s operation by assisting users with the installation, configuration, and operation of PC equipment and with integrating PC systems into networks as well as assist with other System and Network Administration duties.
- Manage Help Desk, trouble ticketing, and usersâ€™ help requests as well as prioritizing problems as necessary. Analyzes reported problems and develops appropriate solutions.
- Assist with the administration of network and servers. This may include the ability to administer and troubleshoot multiple systems simultaneously. Assist with the installation and maintenance of workstations and other systems.
- Assists with special projects under the supervisorâ€™s direction.
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems including Windows XP/7/10 , Mac OS, and Linux
- Knowledge of desktop applications including: MS Office (Including Word, Excel, and Outlook), and Web browsing software.
- Good writing skills for creating documentation
- Strong background in user communication
- Good organizational and quality customer service skills
- Tactful, diplomatic, collaborative demeanor in interacting with users at all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of Server operating systems and OSâ€™s including Linux, Unix, MS Server 2008/2012
- Familiarity with Network installation including how to make cables.
- Familiarity with Cisco IOS and general routing and switching conventions and concepts
Education & Experience Requirements: Two-year degree in related field or equivalent experience or certifications
Other Requirements: Flexibility to work weekends and evenings as needed.
Must be able to see, hear, speak, reach and grasp, climb a ladder, operate a computer, sit and stand for long periods of time and move freely around the building, communicate in person with individuals and groups, and answer and speak on the telephone. Able to lift up to 60 pounds.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
or mail to: WXXI HR Dept., 280 State St., Rochester, NY 14614.
WXXI is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity. (EOE).