Sales and Marketing
Director, Sales & Marketing
WXXI is looking for a detail-oriented, computer-savvy professional to support WXXI & The Little Theatre’s marketing and business development efforts. This individual will support the Sales & Marketing team as it works to engage the community through opportunities associated with underwriting and corporate sponsorships.
The Marketing Coordinator position requires the ability to work independently as well as within a collaborative team environment, and the capacity to manage multiple tasks with consistent pressure to meet deadlines. Effective written and oral communication skills required.
Candidates should have superior organizational skills, knowledge of basic marketing concepts, and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and customer relationship management systems (CRM). Applicants with traffic software experience and media research backgrounds preferred.
- Ensure accuracy of and track all media deliverables (radio, television, digital, print, cinema)
- Coordinate the implementation of creative with multiple teams
- Generate, verify, e-mail, and mail client affidavits and specific invoices
- Assist with the coordination of media sponsorship and trade deliverables
- Update, proof, and maintain marketing collateral for sales presentation kit
- Work to support Sales & Marketing team in streamlining sales inquiries and activities
- Maintain client histories (billing, production specifics, public record, etc.) and keep client database up-to-date
- Assist with the preparation of marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales data
- Generate purchase orders and monitor budgets
- Spearhead the coordination and implementation of “Q&A with a WXXI Underwriter,” the team’s column in WXXI’s Program Listings Guide (monthly)
- Assist with the planning and execution of meetings, events, and tradeshows
- Liaise with external contacts, clients, vendors, and agency partners as needed
- Increase the department’s operational efficiency
- Plus any other daily marketing projects or tasks that may arise
- BS/BA in relevant field preferred
- 2-4 years’ experience in marketing or communications field
- Excellent grammar, writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong prioritization skills and the ability to coordinate multi-disciplinary tasks
- Ability to manage and turn around multiple projects in a tight timeframe under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly with Microsoft Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills and growth mindset
- ACT!, Salesforce, ProTrack, Allegiance, PRIME Lingo, The Media Audit, TRAC Media, ListenerPC and MarketPC experience not required but helpful
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
or mail to: WXXI HR Dept., 280 State St., Rochester, NY 14614.
WXXI is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity. (EOE).