Great Performances: Pete Seeger 90th Birthday Celebration from Madison Square Garden on WXXI-TV

Mon, 03/14/2011 - 10:00pm

Pete Seeger, legendary folk artist and pioneer of protest music, turned 90 in May 2009.


Pete Seeger: The Power of Song

Sat, 02/01/2014 - 8:00pm

To mark the passing of a man that has been a great friend to PBS, as well as the world, WXXI presents this American Masters film that chronicles his life.


Chet Atkins: Certified Guitar Player on WXXI-TV

Sat, 03/13/2010 - 10:00pm

Recorded just blocks from the famed Music Row that he’s largely credited with creating, Atkins gives the audience a master class in playing and performing.


You Missed a Spot!

Every day for 5 hours at WXXI, I play CDs.  On an average weekday, I play 22 pieces of recorded music.  A rough estimate suggests that 97% of the recordings I play are produced in a studio, with the remaining 3% are recorded live in concert.


Backstage Pass with Eastman School of Music Professor, James VanDemark on 91.5 FM

Thu, 02/25/2010 - 1:00pm

Tune in for Backstage Pass with Eastman School of Music Professor, James VanDemark.

Chris Botti in Boston on WXXI-TV

Wed, 03/10/2010 - 10:00pm

Chris Botti in Boston, Part 2 features the acclaimed trumpeter performing with a once-in-a-lifetime lineup of some of today’s most popular music artists, including Sting, Steven Tyler, Josh Groban and Yo-Yo Ma.


Independent Lens presents Young@Heart

Fri, 12/31/2010 - 7:00pm

Get inspired for 2011 by the exceptional members of the Young@Heart Chorus!


Pat Boone: Love Letters in the Sands of Time on WXXI-TV

Mon, 03/08/2010 - 8:00pm

During the 1950s, one performer challenged Elvis Presley in chart-topping hits — Pat Boone.


First Ladies of Music on Classical 91.5

Wed, 03/03/2010 - 9:00pm

Celebrate Women's History Month with this month-long series highlighting female musicians' contributions both as performers and composers.

Let 'em dance!

Chilean conductor Felipe Hidalgo is coming to Rochester to bring the Gospel of Fun to our young classical musicians. 

Syndicate content