• The WXXI DTV Webster area "Dead Zone"   39 weeks 6 days ago

RB, Give me a call @ 258-0223... We'll take a look!

...Kent...

• The WXXI DTV Webster area "Dead Zone"   39 weeks 6 days ago

Nope, there is no IM issue. There is no signal in the Rochester / Webster are to cause the issues. In the Webster / Jackson road area, between Main & State road, we looked at a un-amplified antenna connected to a Rohde RFA. There is no carrier or intermod within more than 40 mHz. The WXXI carrier shoulders exceed the FCC specifications by more than 3db or about -44dbc pilot.

The primary issue for receiving WXXI was a line of sight issue. Some areas simply were below the radio horizon when WXXI-TV was side mounted about 75 feet below the current tower top location.

Give me a call @ 258-0223... We can run out and take a look!

...Kent...

• PBS-WORLD in HD?   39 weeks 6 days ago

The programming on WXXI-World is not available to WXXI in HD. There are currently no plans to program that channel HD. There is some work being done to provide some if not all the content in a SD wide screen format, which WXXI would support.

...Kent...

• January 2013 program listings for the Deutsche Welle Festival   1 year 26 weeks ago

So glad you have enjoyed the programs. It is wonderful that we have access to great orchestras from around the world. How proud you must be of your nephew. That would make the concerts sound even sweeter.

Ruth Phinney
    WXXI-FM 91.5 Program Director

• Van White on the frustrations of the community   1 year 26 weeks ago

You are doing good work and have an open mind.
    Judi Flanders CJE retired RCSD

This has been a highlight of our radio listening experience. We have no access to European concerts in Canada,as a rule. So we are very grateful to have heard the Philharmonia live: what a magnificent orchestra they are. It has special meaning for us because our nephew Nathaniel Anderson Frank plays in the first violins.

• Shakespeare Uncovered   1 year 27 weeks ago

HURRAY!! I hope it is a good as it sounds.

• Colored Frames   1 year 27 weeks ago

Opened my eyes a bit more about being a artist, and a "Black Artist"...very beautiful works and wonderful artists inspired me today.

• Frankly, my dear . . .   1 year 27 weeks ago

“Scarlett” is a rescue (our fourth). “Scarlett” is the name she came with. (A “rescue Irish Setter” is an Irish Setter rescued from a bad home; e.g. abusive or a puppy-mill. [Scarlett was from a failed backyard breeder.] By getting a rescue-dog, we avoid puppydom, but the dog is often messed up. —Scarlett isn't bad.)

• With Heart and Voice ® Program 1302   1 year 28 weeks ago

I just wanted to say I loved the program this morning! I was inspired on my half hour drive and wanted more! Thank you!

• Restoring a Masterpiece: Screening Event at Eastman Theatre   1 year 28 weeks ago

Yes, DVDs are available for this documentary. If you call our membership department at (585) 258-0200 you can order it over the phone and they will mail to you.

• Second Opinion: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)   1 year 28 weeks ago

Hi Melanie,
    You can watch the full episode of Second Opinion: IBS and find other information and resources on the Second Opinion website at the address below.

Hope this helps!

• Steven Caras: See Them Dance   1 year 30 weeks ago

Gasp! What a gem of a program, what a treasure, as was noted, of an 'archive.' Thank you so much!

• Second Opinion: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)   1 year 30 weeks ago

I missed this broadcast. Will it be available as a podcast? Thanks...
    Melanie

• Let nothing you dismay   1 year 30 weeks ago

I'm sure most Classical 91.5 listeners would agree with you on this point. Thank you for listening, and Happy New Year!

• Merry Christmas from Classical 91.5, WXXI-FM   1 year 30 weeks ago

I was hoping to catch the podcast of your Christmas morning show, since my cousin Maryellen and her choir were on it. The reason I was hoping for a podcast is that in Minnesota your show was on from 5 AM to 8 AM and I woke up at 7:45 and missed it!! I would have also liked to hear Simon's section since i woke up to his birds every morning 1979-1982.

• Restoring a Masterpiece: Screening Event at Eastman Theatre   1 year 30 weeks ago

My grandfather was the first conductor at the Eastman. George Eastman brought him from NYC to open the venue, alomng with Guy Frasier Harrison. I would be grateful for the opportunity to have a copy of your hi-def video about the renovation of the theater.

Please let me know how I can obtain a copy.

• Let nothing you dismay   1 year 30 weeks ago

Christmas is a very special day for me. My full day is devoted to celebrations and whole month to preparations. During Christmas time I mostly neglect anything that may even cause dismay.

• Week of December 24 - 28, 2012   1 year 30 weeks ago

Mr Smith: responding (or non-responding) to the tragedy in Webster, Assemblyman Mark Johns, when asked about the issue of gun control by Beth Adams on Christmas day, said we should wait for the event to play itself out. A non-answer from a politician, again. These dead firefighters were bravely doing their jobs. The response from Mr Johns is a cowardly mockery of their sacrifice (on Christmas). We should be appalled. We need to throw men (I am reluctant to use this word: I hear no evidence of humanity) like this out of office. Is a recall election possible? Enough is enough.

• Week of December 17 - 21, 2012   1 year 31 weeks ago

Please ask Matt Leonard to practice speaking without these annoying mannerisms. I finally turned the radio off because I couldn't stand to listen anymore.

• WXXI Luncheon with Diane Rehm   1 year 31 weeks ago

My wife absolutely loves Diane. She has a re-broadcast coming up on the 27th I believe. "American Canopy". Can wait to tune in. Keep up the good work Diane!

Wade from Orlando Attorneys

• First Freedom: The Fight for Religious Liberty   1 year 31 weeks ago

How can we obtain this Vidio CD for our Historical Society ? Not to be copied or sold but to show at public meetings

Norman Wilson 315 536-2806
    6 Sunset Ave
    Penn Yan, NY 14537

• Christmas Carols with the Priests   1 year 32 weeks ago

Hello Ms. Drewery,

The CityWise Holiday Special Part 1 featuring School #43 & School of the Arts airs on CITY 12 as follows:
    TONIGHT 12/13 at 8pm, Fri. 12/14 at 2pm, Sat. 12/15 at 11:30am & Sun. 12/16 at 12:30pm.

It also airs on Sun. 12/16 on Channel 18 at 8am and WXXI-TV/HD at 1pm and will be available on the web starting 12/14.

Thank you for inquiry and Happy Holidays!

Teej Jenkins
    Manager/Producer City 12

• Christmas Carols with the Priests   1 year 32 weeks ago

Hello both of my daughters' schools were chosen to sing at your station this year, for the Christmas Special, singing Christmas carols. One of them came from The School of The Arts and the other is from #43. I was not informed of when the taping was going to be on and believe that I have missed it. I was wondering if it was going to be shown again and if not if there was a way that I would be able to view it. If this is at all possible I would be very grateful.

Ms. Tamiquea Drewery

• Simple gifts   1 year 33 weeks ago

Of all the music on xxi yours is the mostdown to earth--I believe less high brow and more like 103.1 fm toronto is far more beautiful and inspiring--the listeners in rochester would probably tune in more often if the music was more like 103.1 fm toronto -thanks for listening--Tomteroest