• Time Warner Cable Blocking OTA Digital Channels   3 years 1 week ago

How about you quit stealing!

• Time Warner Cable Blocking OTA Digital Channels   3 years 1 week ago

You state "People who can't afford should be given" Why should anyone who cannot afford a service be given that service? Especially something as NON - essential as TV. Really.

• Week of December 19-23, 2011   3 years 1 week ago

will you have the first hour of the program available as a podcast?

Thanks!

• Mornings on Classical 91.5, December 19 - 23   3 years 1 week ago

Here's the info on today's mystery piece from Brenda:

The Huron Carol (Jesos Ahatonhia)
    Name: MYSTERY PIECE
    Name of CD: The Call of Christmas
    Composer: Traditional
    Instrument/Soloist(s): Joan Watson, horn
    Track Label: TNR
    Catalog Number: 5

For future info you can find playlists here:

Thanks!
    Steve Dawe
    WXXI

• Mornings on Classical 91.5, December 19 - 23   3 years 1 week ago

How do I found out what the mystery piece was you played this morning (12/21/11)?

• American Masters "Eames: The Architect and the Painter" on WXXI-TV   3 years 1 week ago

Excellent!

• WXXI and the Little Theatre   3 years 1 week ago

Brilliant move for both organizations. As one involved deeply in both and invested heavily in both, I welcome this new arrangement and expect great things.

Thank you all for making this happen.

• Biz Kid$ - Let's Talk About Money   3 years 1 week ago

I just caught the show Biz Kid$ for the first time, and was extremely pleased with what I saw. As a 20 year-old collage student, and an aspiring investor and entrepreneur, I have realized the lack of financial education in the United States. This show pleases me very much. I thank all who are involved with this program, and believe that the education of our youth is the key to the mending of our broken economy.

• Time Warner Cable Blocking OTA Digital Channels   3 years 2 weeks ago

I live in NYC and about 4 months ago I have canceled all TV services. The only thing I kept from Time Warner is the internet. Since then I did not watch TV other then Netflix. Few nights ago I tried using my TV and the wire from cables I canceled to scan for channels and beside finding channels like the food network and NY1 among about 50 channels I get HBO HD, Encore HD and some other 2 premium HD channels.

Since then I get calls from Time Warner but I do not pick up because I know I want nothing from them or I do something wrong.

Do my TV sends signals back to them? If it does what can they do.

• Christmas with the Celts on WXXI-TV   3 years 2 weeks ago

I really, really enjoyed this concert last night on WXXI Rochester, NY!!

What an absolutely incredible performance!

I would love to have the opportunity to seem them live on stage. Is there any chance that they might come to Rochester, Buffalo or Syracuse?

PWEEEEZ?

LOL

Deb

• With Heart and Voice ® Program 1149   3 years 2 weeks ago

In all cases with which I am familiar, the pronunciation of the first name "Claude" would be "clawd" rather than "clode," although the fomer may be a Anglicized version of the original French.

• Time Warner Cable Blocking OTA Digital Channels   3 years 2 weeks ago

You should not be using the "channel 3" method with HD TV, you will not get HD that way (hence your loss of pic quality). Run HDMI cable or Component cable from your box to the TV then set the TV on video input.

• Time Warner Cable Blocking OTA Digital Channels   3 years 2 weeks ago

I just put in the converter and lost picture quality. But what is bugging me more is I have just basic and because the tv remains on channel 3 all the time I can't block all the channels that say I'm having a problem with my signal and all the stupid shopping channels also can't use my favorites button . So glad I spent 700.00 bucks on a flat screen that now has useless features. TW tech said sorry you'll just have to punch in the # of the channel you want. SUCKS

• Around the World: The Crane Candlelight Concert   3 years 3 weeks ago

We are airing the special "Home and Hearth: The Crane Candlelight Concert 2009" on Christmas day at 4pm.

Here is the description:
    The Crane Chorus and the Crane Symphony Orchestra come together to present a very special Holiday concert. Conducted by Rebecca Reames, Jeffrey Francom, Heather Eyerly, and Kenneth Andrews, and featuring over 300 carolers and musicians from the renowned Crane School of Music at the State University of New York at Potsdam, the concert includes traditional Christmas and seasonal hymns along with popular favorites. This year, the Concert Choir, the Hosmer Choir, the Phoenix Club, and the Men's Ensemble, perform alongside the Crane Symphony Orchestra. Highlights of the hour-long performance include Cantemos a Maria, Hark! The Herald Angels Sing, and Rejoice and Be Merry.

Enjoy!

TV Program Director
    WXXI Public Broadcasting Council

• America's Home Cooking: Chocolate on WXXI-TV   3 years 3 weeks ago

This looks so awesome. My family loves dark chocolate. Can I get this cake recipe without making a donation/buying the whole book? I only want the cake, and would really appreciate any digital version of this recipe.
    Thank you very much.

• Around the World: The Crane Candlelight Concert   3 years 3 weeks ago

Is 2010 Crane Candlelight Concert going to be on WXXI this season? If not how else can I see it?

• With Heart and Voice ® Program 1149   3 years 3 weeks ago

I was very confused by Peter DuBois's pronunciation in the Dec. 4 program of the name Claude Goudimel. Never having encountered the name before, and especially confused by Mr. Du Bois pronunciation of the first name as "Clowd," I couldn't determine whether the name was French, German, Dutch, or English.

A great deal of Googling eventually led me to Claude Goudimel, which Mr. DeBois pronounced "clowd GOO-du-mel." Certainly the last name should be pronounced "goo-dee-MEL," and I can't imagine any dialect of French in which "Claude" would be pronounced as "clowd" rather than "clode."

/s/ Rod Thompson, Hilo, Hawaii

• Financial Fitness After 50! with Paul Merriman on WXXI-TV/HD   3 years 3 weeks ago

WLRN in the Miami area is offering Paul Merriman's 'Financial Fit Kit' as a membership promotion. Is this an option at WXXI? I might be interested.

• Occupy Movements Hunkering Down for Winter   3 years 3 weeks ago

Heh. My son Nick tells me my Sierra Designs Glacier Tent was the symbolic first tent pitched when Occupy Rochester got the go-ahead to camp overnight. I walked into the sporting goods store in Anchorage, AK thirty some odd years ago and said, "I need a tent I can use to camp in the winter in Nome." The salesman said, "You want this one." I bought it.

I told Nick it's his tent now. He's earned it.

Steve

• LIVE FROM LINCOLN CENTER: New York Philharmonic New Year’s Eve with Lang Lang on WXXI-TV   3 years 4 weeks ago

Hello - I don't know if anybody is reading these comments, but can you tell me if there is a video of this wonderful concert from last year? I taped it but accidentally taped over the last part of it (grrr) and now I'm looking for a DVD or VHS tape of this concert. Does anybody know? Thank you!

• Last Chance to Submit Your Fracking Questions to New York NOW   3 years 4 weeks ago

My concerns are for the increased pressure that will be built up in the Earth and increased fault line activities. I am also concerned about truck traffic and its effect on our brooks, streams, rivers and lakes. Our state parks and private parks throughout the Southern Tier depend on clean air and water. I feel like the whole concept is being pushed on us by the companies that will make great profits.

• Buillding A Career In Hard Times   3 years 4 weeks ago

I was only able to listen to part of the discussion with Burton Nadler, but it was fascinating! Excellent guest! Could you tell me the name of his book?

• Masterpiece "Downton Abbey" Marathon on WXXI-TV   3 years 4 weeks ago

You're in luck! We are re-airing all of Season 1 before the broadcast of Season 2 begins on Sunday, January 8th.

Season 1 episodes 1 and 2 air Sunday, December 18 at 8 p.m and 9:30 p.m., episode 3 airs Sunday, December 25 at 9 p.m. and episode 4 airs Sunday, January 1 at 9 p.m on WXXI-TV/HD (DT21.1/cable 11/cable 1011).

Enjoy!

• Masterpiece "Downton Abbey" Marathon on WXXI-TV   3 years 4 weeks ago

Please repeat this marathon or show again before January?? some of us were busy yesterday and could not watch it but love this show!

• Smokin' Fish   3 years 4 weeks ago

This film was wonderful! I really enjoyed it. It was informative, compelling and human. And the last line from Cory's grandmother was so timeless and true that it altered the way I will look at my computer forever.

Thank you!