• Ronnie Kroell, Bravo's "Make Me a Super Model," is Out & Open Act Two   2 years 15 weeks ago

Another entertaining & informative 1interview Ronnie - congrats to you and Mr. Hammond. Defying gravity indeed!

• Two Spirits Screening Event   2 years 15 weeks ago

Would you please indicate if films you are showing will be captioned? There are many of us out there who might attend if we knew. Thanks!

• Week of June 11 - 15, 2012   2 years 15 weeks ago

Thanks for listening! The link for Alex White's site is:

• Week of June 11 - 15, 2012   2 years 15 weeks ago

Bob should have Alex Smith and the other gentleman on with Mayor Richards. I would like to hear the mayor respond to the issues they raise. This is a fascinating discussion. Please post their website.

• With Heart and Voice ® Program 1221   2 years 15 weeks ago

Thanks for asking about the online audio for With Heart and Voice. Each new program is generally posted on Monday morning, sometimes on Tuesday if there is a business holiday on Monday. The audio is available for a week, until the new show is posted. Copyright law prevents us from archiving the audio. Thanks for listening to With Heart and Voice!

I knew the first time I saw Ronnie on Make Me a Supermodel, he was destined for greatness. He had the "IT" factor. I have followed his career ever since then. And have been lucky enough to meet him and get to know him. And just listening to him in this interview, he is so eloquent, and something so soothing, and comforting in his voice, you can't help but be drawn into his words.

The interview was great. And once again, Ronnie's wisdom shines! I am always amazed listening him to speak - he is an old soul, wise beyond his years. Thanks Robert Hammond, for sharing Ronnie with the listening world!

• With Heart and Voice ® Program 1221   2 years 16 weeks ago

I was wondering if there is any way to listen to older episodes. I love to listen to them and actually would want to listen to them later and share some. Also, sometimes I can't get to them during the week and just missing them is very disappointing.

• Ronnie Kroell is Out and Open Act One   2 years 16 weeks ago

Another amazing and insightful interview on an amazing and insightful program. Robert Hammond asks the questions his listeners (--whether they specifically are members of the LGBT Community, Theater Enthusiasts in general--or both) WANT to hear! Ronnie Kroell too, proves once again that he's way more than just a handsome face and fit body.Here is a guy who's intelligence, humanity and wisdom belie his years. Add to it the way they sandwiched his comments in between some of Broadway's catchiest tunes and I can't wait to tune in next week for ACT TWO! Congratulations you guys and thanks : )

• Ronnie Kroell, Bravo's "Make Me a Super Model," is Out & Open Act Two   2 years 16 weeks ago

An amazing and insightful interview on an amazing show! Robert Hammond asks the questions those of us in his listening audience (whether members of the LGBT community, simply just theater enthusiasts--or both,) WANT to hear. Ronnie Kroell too, once again proves he's way more than just good looks and a fit body--here is a guy teeming with intellegence, humanity and wisdom that belies his years! Sandwich his inspiring comments between such an awesome selction of Broadway's catchiest songs like they did, and I can't wait to tune in next week for "Act TWO". Congratualtions and thanks you guys!

• June 2012 listings for the New York Philharmonic   2 years 16 weeks ago

So glad you enjoyed it. You clearly know it well and are very familiar with various performances. We are so pleased to be able to bring the New York Philharmonic programs to our audience.

Ruth Phinney
    Classical 91.5 FM Program Director

• June 2012 listings for the New York Philharmonic   2 years 16 weeks ago

This performance of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony from 31 December 1999 is one for the ages. I urge all music lovers and students to listen to this re-broadcast. The intensity and articulation made me think of the four Toscanini broadcasts and Furtwa"ngler at Bayreuth performances I treasure. There was a bit more expansiveness allowed the horn three before "Lo stesso tempo" in the third movement and a slight rallentando before the chorus enters at letter M in the Kalmus miniature score "Freude, scho"ner...". The contrabasses' and 'cellos' "in the character of a recitative, but in tempo" paid careful heed to the legato and staccato indications; and Rene' Pape was majesty itself in his opening, "O freunde..." intentionally without the grace note. The timpani part, especially in the second movement, was a revelation, as Maestro Masur described in his pre-concert talk. The three-note motive was heard fortissimo, then mezzo-forte the second time, then piano the third time. This performance is a fierce revelation of this imperishable masterwork. I'm so convinced by all that I heard that I think this is the most revealing performance I've ever heard.

• Free or Equal: A Personal View by Johan Norberg   2 years 16 weeks ago

excellent video of which I only saw part

• World Peace and Other 4th-Grade Achievements   2 years 16 weeks ago

This Teacher in my opinion is setting the bar high for all Teachers! Letting the children make the decisions in the game of life! These fourth graders show the level of maturity that we need in our Country. My thanks and respect to their Teacher!

• Blossom   2 years 17 weeks ago

Sage Melcher chosen to represent the NorthEast Region to compete in Michael Feinstein’s Songbook Academy

The Michael Feinstein Great American Songbook Initiative sponsors the Great American Songbook Vocal Academy and Competition. The endeavor is the only U.S. competition dedicated solely to the music from Broadway, Hollywood musicals and the Tin Pan Alley era of the early mid-twentieth century.

After competing with other singers from the Northeast region, Sage Melcher of Honeoye Falls, NY has been chosen to continue on to the finals which take place this June in Indianapolis. The ten finalists will spend 4 days in a ‘boot camp’ of master classes with Michael Feinstein as well as other well known entertainers. The winner of the competition will perform with Michael and others at the Palladium in Indianapolis, Indiana, Saturday June 16th and will receive a $3000 scholarship.

“Through this competition, we are reaching a new generation to teach this music and the American history that inspired and influenced these composers,” said Michael Feinstein, the Initiative's founder and noted American Songbook ambassador.

Sage Melcher, a triple threat (she sings, dances, plays the piano and drums and writes her own compositions) is a Freshman at the Allendale Columbia school where she was recently chosen as best supporting actress for her role in ‘Disco Inferno’ for the Broadway Theatre Leagues’ ‘Stars of Tomorrow’. Melcher has been singing the standards from the American Songbook ‘since I could walk and talk’. Sage is Vice President of the Interact at Allendale Columbia School which is sponsored by the Honeoye Falls-Mendon Rotary Club in District 7120. Sage credits her success thus far to her parents, many voice and dance teachers and “hard work and the tremendous support from Jeannie Clinton and Lisa Barnes” at Allendale Columbia. Sage is also the vocalist for the Eastman School of Music’s Youth Jazz Orchestra and will be singing at this year’s Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival.

Sage lives on a farm and animal sanctuary in Mendon, NY with her Mom and Dad, (both Rotarians), an older sister and younger twin brothers.

For additional information, visit www.feinsteininitiat...
    as well as googling Sage Melcher on YouTube

• Week of May 28 - June 1, 2012   2 years 17 weeks ago

Bob,
    I lived and worked in Hamilton County from 199-2006. At $10.50 an hour I supplemented with savings,etc to support myself.
    Many resorts & restaurant managers would bring in students from Russia and Europe for the summer on "work/Visa"
    scenerios. They could pay them LESS than minimum wage AND not have to abide by OSHA or other employment rules.
    It was outrageous to see that happen and somewhat understand the employer's tricks to scirt the EEO Laws.
    THe school & town & state Taxes were crushing, and food & gas were always higher than Monroe County's.
    Thanks,
    Lynne from Pittsford

• With Heart and Voice ® Program 1221   2 years 19 weeks ago

Thanks for asking about the online audio for With Heart and Voice. Audio is posted every week, on Monday around Noon Eastern Time, and remains up for the whole week. To hear the audio, you only need to go to wxxi.org/whv and click on the embedded player under the words "Listen to this week's show."

I'm not sure why you were directed to a comment page, unless you clicked on the individual program information pages. It's not necessary to do that; the embedded player is on the front page, just a few lines down from the top. And you wouldn't find information about With Heart and Voice at npr.org; this is not an NPR show.

Please try going to wxxi.org/whv and clicking on the embedded player under the words "Listen to this week's show." The audio is there; I just listened to it.

Thanks for listening to With Heart and Voice.

• With Heart and Voice ® Program 1221   2 years 19 weeks ago

Why is your show not available online? It is midnight eastern time and I have attempted many times to access thus show by internet and each time I am directed to this page to contact you. I'm done. NPR shows are not worth it anymore are they?

• Sound problem with 88.5 broadcast   2 years 19 weeks ago

I don't recall the exact date, but if memory serves, they turned on their hd transmitter around the time of your post. Comparing the analog and hd broadcast is like night and day. While hd had a dead sient background, the overall sound quality of the analog broadcast is much better given a quality tuner when listening to wrur. Perhaps you're using an hd tuner. If so, I would suggest looking for a setting to turn off hd.

Also, they have the left and right channels flipped on the hd broadcast.

• BULLY debuts at the Little Theatre   2 years 19 weeks ago

Thanks for the comment - you'll find the full panel discussion at the following link:

Steve Dawe
    Director of Multimedia Engagement
    WXXI Public Broadcasting

• BULLY debuts at the Little Theatre   2 years 19 weeks ago

Please air the talk back session that was at the Little theatre of local people speaking with Kaitlin Monte and the panel.

• American Masters' Johnny Carson: King of Late Night   2 years 19 weeks ago

"Johnny Carson: American Masters" will repeat on our WORLD channel (Digital 21.2 and TW Cable 524) on Saturday, May 19th at 9am, 3pm, and 10pm; and Sunday, May 20th at 3am.

I hope you can tune in!

• American Masters' Johnny Carson: King of Late Night   2 years 20 weeks ago

Will this show (Johnny Carson: King of Late Night) be shown again on channel 11? I am missing it and can't record it.

• With Heart and Voice ® Program 1220   2 years 20 weeks ago

To Whom it May Concern:
    I have intended to write to you for several years to tell you how this program blesses my Sunday mornings in Chicago. There is a vast wasteland of sacred music on the airwaves with this one programming exception, and I want you to know how I treasure it. Yes, I have my own CD collection, but it is so wonderful to be awakened by the soaring cords of music and choirs with which I am unfamiliar and begin my day of worship with fresh sounds of praise and thanksgiving. I am deeply grateful to all concerned with this project and especially the sponsor.

• Program Listings - May 2012   2 years 20 weeks ago

When I try and read the printable Program Listings, I noted May 15th is missing ?????

• Mornings, May 7 - 11   2 years 20 weeks ago

Bruce,

I love that song -- and am very glad you liked it, too.

Thank you for the support and encouragement.

Brenda