World of Downton Abbey Tour of England Raffle
World of Downton Abbey Tour of England Raffle
The raffle has now reverted to a 50/50.
The drawing will take place Thursday, February 28th.
WXXI’s World of Downton Abbey Raffle is now closed. As was noted in the terms and conditions located on the back of each raffle ticket and on this page, should the threshold of 1,000 tickets sold by February 4th, now extended to February 14th, not be reached the WXXI World of Downton Abbey Trip Raffle will revert to a 50/50 raffle. The grand prize winner will receive 50% of the raffle proceeds. First and second prizes will remain the same.
The winning ticket will be drawn on Thursday, February 28th at 12 p.m. at WXXI, and the winner will be notified that afternoon.
- Grand Prize: One grand prize winner will receive a 50% of the raffle proceeds awarded to the winner. No minimum prize is guaranteed.
- First Prize: Three first prize winners will receive seasons 1, 2 ,& 3 of Downton Abbey on DVD. First prize winners will be drawn following the live grand prize drawing on 2/28. Winners are limited to one prize per person.
- Second Prize: A second prize winner will receive two tickets to a performance during the Rochester Broadway Theatre League’s 2013 Season. The second prize winner will be drawn following the live grand and first prize drawings on 2/28. Winners are limited to one prize per person.
HOW TO ENTER
You may enter the World of Downton Abbey Tour of England Raffle in any of the following ways:
- Visit WXXI at 280 State Street, Rochester, NY 14614, The Little Theatre at 240 East Ave., Rochester, NY 14604
- Mail** a check for $20 per ticket (or $100 for six) indicating number of tickets you are requesting, and made out to WXXI Public Broadcasting - along with your name, physical mailing address, contact phone, and email address. Tickets will be mailed to the address indicated with the check.
Tickets may only be purchased in person or by mail. Only cash or personal checks are accepted. Only persons eighteen (18) years or older may purchase raffle tickets.
**Mail entries must be received by Friday, February 22, 2013 to be included in the drawing and mailed to:
WXXI Public Broadcasting
ATTN: World of Downton Abbey Raffle
280 State Street
P.O. Box 30021
Rochester, NY 14603
WXXI is not responsible for printing errors in any drawing-related material, or for lost, late, misdirected or non-delivered mail, or any other failure to receive orders or deliver receipts prior to the drawing deadlines. All entries become the property of WXXI and will not be returned.
All sales are final unless otherwise specified in these official rules. No raffle ticket refunds will be made. WXXI will reject any drawing ticket request if the check or credit card payment is not honored or is returned due to insufficient funds, or any other reason prior and not remedied before the time of drawing. Correction of any such return for non-payment is the responsibility of the ticket purchaser.
Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. No employees of WXXI or their direct family members (defined as spouses, parents, children, or any other family members who reside with the winner) are eligible to participate.
Winners will be drawn live on Thursday, February 28th, 2013 at 12:00 PM at WXXI on 280 State Street. Ticket holders need not be present to win.
If fewer than 1,000 tickets are sold by February 14, 2013, the raffle reverts to a 50/50 raffle, with 50% of the raffle proceeds awarded to the winner. No minimum prize is guaranteed.
First prize winners will be drawn following the live grand prize drawing on 2/28. Winners are limited to one prize per person.
Second prize winners will be drawn following the live grand and first prize drawings on 2/28. Winners are limited to one prize per person.
The winners will be announced at the drawing by name and verified by matching the ticket number with the information provided in the records.
All winners will be notified by telephone, email, or certified mail, return receipt requested based on the information provided at ticket purchase. Notification by telephone will be attempted on the day of drawing. If phone contact with winner is not made within 24 hours of prize drawing, contact by Email or U.S. certified mail, return receipt notification will be attempted.
If the winner does not respond within ten (10) days, the Foundation will make one additional attempt to notify the winner via registered mail. Failure of the raffle winner to respond within 20 days of the raffle drawing date will constitute a forfeiture of the prize, and a new winner will be selected.
WXXI is not responsible for any delays or obstacles in notification due to (a) erroneous contact information; (b) any outage or delay in Internet service or access; or (c) any other circumstances which may delay or prevent a winner from receiving the prize notifications.
For questions please contact Danielle Abramson at 585-258-0287 or firstname.lastname@example.org.