The PBS Digital Innovator program is a professional development opportunity for highly engaged, changemaker K-12 educators whose innovative use of technology and media create exciting learning experiences for their students.
PBS Digital Innovators
PBS Digital Innovators
Fri, 01/27/2017 - 7:00pm - Mon, 02/13/2017 - 11:59pm
The PBS Digital Innovator program brings together a community of K-12 educators, who are thought-leaders and classroom changemakers, for ongoing professional development and opportunities to share strategies, empower peers and inspire students. Showcase your use of PBS LearningMedia and other PBS resources and innovative teaching strategies using media and digital tools. http://ny.pbslearningmedia.org/digitalinnovators
Professional Development Opportunity
The PBS Digital Innovator Summit
PBS Digital Innovators attend the PBS Digital Innovators Summit (this year in San Antonio, June 24 - 26, 2017) which includes a day pass to the ISTE Conference. This three-day, all-expenses covered session allows attendees connect with fellow Innovators and learn from renowned education experts. Click here to see last yearâ€™s summit agenda.
Support and Tools
Through a competitive process, one educator from each state, the District of Columbia and the U.S Territories is selected to participate. PBS Digital Innovators are provided with support and tools from PBS and local member stations so their ideas can be shared with peers in their own communities, and across the nation.
How to apply
The application process includes:
- Video: A three minute â€śmini-presentationâ€ť video which demonstrates applicantâ€™s passion and highlights a unique way to use/showcase a PBS LearningMedia tool or content
- Essay: A 250 word essay that provides a window into the applicantâ€™s learning environment or instructional style
- Bio & Picture: a short bio and high quality pictures (headshot + Action shot)
- Quick questionnaire about the applicant
- See Details of the Application Process
- The application deadline is February 13, 2017 at 12:01am PST
- Stations will be notified of selected PBS Digital Innovators by March 13, 2017
- Selected applicants will be notified by March 15, 2017.
- Selected applicants must confirm their participation by April 3, 2017
- The 2017 Class of PBS Digital Innovators will attend the PBS Digital Innovators Summit in San Antonio, TX on June 24 and 25, 2017 and day one of the ISTE 2017 Conference & Expo on June 26, 2017