Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Every day, WXXI News Director Julie Philipp checks newspapers and websites to help keep tabs on what's happening in communities across New York state.
- Buffalo: Half of HSBC branches could be closed or sold
- Rochester: PAETEC's purchase could affect downtown
- Finger Lakes: Starting a vineyard a costly endeavor, economists find
- Syracuse: Buerkle votes against debt-limit increase; Hanna and Owens help avoid default
- Albany: Ballot probe reaches back
- New York City: Developers of Islamic Center Try a New Strategy