Thursday, November 8, 2012
Every day, WXXI News Director Julie Philipp checks newspapers and websites to help keep tabs on what's happening in communities across New York state.
- Buffalo: Charter conversion pitch falls flat with teachers, Buffalo School Board
- Rochester: Seasonal retail hiring is at highest level in 5 years
- Finger Lakes: Ithaca-based company building playgrounds in Afghanistan
- Syracuse: In race for Congress, Dan Maffei's 14,388 vote lead over Ann Marie Buerkle appears insurmountable
- Albany: Fortitech acquired by Dutch company for $634M
- New York City: Hurricane Filled New York Aquarium With Dangerous Substance: Water