ROC the Day
ROC the Day
Wed, 12/11/2013 - 12:01am - 11:59pm
Support WXXI's educational programs by participating in this one-day giving event.
On December 11, 2013 our community will come together to ROC the Day and WXXI hopes to make it a huge success. ROC the Day is a 24-hour giving opportunity to supprt all eligible not-for-profits in the nine-county Greater Rochester area. Community members are encouraged to visit ROCtheDay.org, a secure online platform to contribute. All money given on December 11 stays local. Donors have the ability to make an impact to support their personal philanthropic passions.
Thanks to many generous donors last year, WXXI raised $2,500 through this campaign. We're hoping to inspire even more ROCstar donors to give this year.
It's easy to participate. Choose. Give. Matter.
Just CHOOSE WXXI.
GIVE in support of a future that insures the continuation of quality educational programs and services that result in:
- Literacy development, school readiness and social development among pre-schoolers-school age children (through our Ready to Learn children's TV program block and online games);
- Training workshops for teachers, daycare providers and parents to improve children's educational outcomes
- Family events to promote learning, hands-on science and health
- Homework help for kids in grades 4-12 (through our weekday Homework Hotline TV series);
- A free, online video on-demand service for parents, teachers and students (through VITAL);
- Lifelong learning opportunities through Community Cinema, panel discussions, issue forums and online chats
- And, so much more.
MATTER to the children and families in our community that rely on WXXI to help support their work at school and home.
Learn more and sign up to stay informed about how your ROC the Day support helps WXXI's education services, and enter to win prizes visit: https://www.roctheday.org/WXXI