WXXI Open House 2014
Go Public with WXXI
Join us for our 50th Annivsary Open House!
CELEBRATE OUR 50th ANNIVERSARY!! Enjoy a day of fun and discovery as your public media station opens its door to welcome you in for tours, activities, greetings from our on-air hosts, news team, and PBS Kids characters, and much more!
Something for the kids:
- Take your picture with PBS characters Peg & Cat, Nature Cat, and Clifford.
- Check out the set of Homework Hotline and Need to Know.
- Take part in lots of different arts and crafts, and fun free activities!
Something for the adults:
- Meet hosts of Classical 91.5.
- Watch Open Tunings' Scott Regan do his show live on WRUR.
- Visit the radio studios of Connections with Evan Dawson and Classical 91.5.
- Learn more about Innovation Trail and meet WXXI News reporters.
- Take part in free health screenings.
At the Open House, PBS Kids’ characters including Clifford the Big Red Dog, Elmo, Peg & Cat, and Nature Cat will welcome kids of all ages.
Guests will also have a chance to meet WXXI radio and TV hosts, talk with the program director about PBS’s upcoming fall season, walk the sets of Homework Hotline and Need to Know, see Open Tunings’ host Scott Regan produce his Saturday morning show, and learn more about WXXI and the Little Theatre partnership. There will be live music, courtyard performances, and lots of interactive activities from community partners.
Saturday, September 24
10am-3pm @ WXXI Studios
280 State Street, Rochester