What Can I Sponsor? TV
Corporate Sponsorship and underwriting is a way to "Go Public" and reach the quality audiences that watch WXXI TV. A custom-tailored schedule adjacent to news, science, nature, history, arts, and other programming will reach a broad audience that appreciates PBS programming as a trusted, very important, and a highly valued media resource.
Choose all WXXI media offerings - or select a la carte
WXXI TV Sponsorship
Companies can underwrite broadcasts of WXXI local productions as well as national PBS programs on WXXI-TV 21. Fifteen-second underwriting message will be viewed in an uncluttered environment.
Why Television Belongs in an Underwriting Mix
- Customers watch TV. Ninety-nine percent of all Rochester households receive WXXI's broadcast. Nearly 12% of the community receives WXXI "over-the-air" -- without cable or satellite subscriptions.
- TV viewing continues as a common leisure activity. On average, people view as much as four and a half hours of television a day.
- Broadcasting a message with sight, sound, and motion can provide instant credibility for a business, product or service. It also can be helpful to showcase a product or service.
- TV reaches a much larger audience than local newspapers and it does so during a short period of time.
- TV provides an opportunity to be creative and attach a personality to a business, which can be particularly effective for small businesses that rely on repeat customers.
- TV is well suited for conveying evergreen, timeless messages that enhance corporate identity.
- WXXI includes the cost of a basic spot for new campaigns. Producing an underwriting spot can be is as simple as providing a company logo for a unique branding opportunity.
Targeted program underwriting on WXXI-21 (15-second spots)
TV Underwriting spots can be:
- crafted by WXXI when a client provides the visual elements (company logo and up to three value-neutral images) with an approved voiceover script
- pre-produced by a client based on WXXI's broadcast standards and guidelines.
Timing of the spot begins with a company's name and may contain between 32-35 words.
Each underwriting break has a maximum of three local underwriting positions available for non-competing organizations. Spots may rotate within selected programs, or air at fixed times, based on the company's media budget.
WXXI dayparts include:
Spotlight on a WXXI Business Partner
â€¦the RPO reaches more than 14,000 schoolchildren each season through its education concerts and tens of thousands more through our numerous community concerts and programs. -- Katy Judd, Marketing Coordinatorï»¿